In the early nineteen hundreds the fire of the Holy Ghost burned in Pentecostal revival. The Pentecostal fire began at Azuzza Street in Los Angeles, swept across the nation through Kansas, and came to Findlay, Ohio. There were nine saints which began to go from house to house with prayer meetings, seeking direction from God to establish a Pentecostal Fellowship.
On the corner of Blanchard Avenue and Fishlock Street in Findlay, Ohio stood an abandoned community church whose gospel light had gone out. However, in the heart of a God-called minister, Willam Price, burned the bright light of Jesus. Rev. William E. Price and his wife Cora A. Price, along with their flock of seven charter members, Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Semler, Mr. and Mrs. Landes, Mr. Loy and Mr. and Mrs. Harry Flotz, gained access to the abandoned church. The unkept church began to shine with the care and concern of these people. The church was chartered with the Pentecostal Church of God of America, and named Blanchard Avenue Mission in 1930.
There were many attempts to put the Pentecostal fire out. The Community Trustees turned the church building over to the Townsen Clan and the congregation was put out but, they didn't give up. The Townsen Clan disbanded and put a padlock on the door. The congregation sought help from the Sheriff. He advised them to meet on the next Sunday, and if the lock was removed by some unknown person or persons, they could have services in the building. The padlock was removed and the church has been a beacon of the gospel ever since. The name of the church was changed to Blanchard Avenue Pentecostal Church of God in 1942. With a rich heritage of tremendous testimonies and stories of powerful moves of God, it is evident that God's hand is upon His church.
Today, Blanchard Avenue Pentecostal Church of God continues to preach the gospel of Salvation, calling the lost to the foot of the cross. This progressive, growing, cross-cultural congregation is ablaze with Pentecostal fire and is making an impact upon Findlay and Northwest Ohio.
Pastors L.D. and Rhonda Roessler, have been the pastors since 2005. They greatly love their congregation and are extremely excited about the dynamic move of God that the church is experiencing.
Blanchard Avenue Pentecostal Church of God - Today